2019 Chevrolet Equinox
Bigger doesn't always mean better in the auto industry as the popularity of compact SUVs has shown. From the Toyota CHR to the Jeep Renegade, many drivers are falling in love with what some car enthusiasts jokingly call “little big cars”.
Some models are so small that compact SUVs, like the Nissan Juke, are only 162 to 164 inches in length, which often lands them in the hatchback category. However, if you prefer a larger “little big car” that looks more like a sports utility vehicle, the Chevy Equinox is a wise choice when you're traveling from point A to point B in Surprise.
Another top competitor in this niche is the Subaru Outback. Subaru has long been marketed toward millennials who enjoy roughing it outdoors, while Chevy has focused its resources on attracting a mature blue-collar labor force with its Chevy trucks.
Even so, a truly informed car buyer doesn't settle for the ads they see on TV when making purchases they’ll likely have for years to come. So, let’s take a closer look at how the specs pan out when you compare Chevrolet Equinox vs Subaru Outback in Surprise.
New listing price comparison and analysis
The newest year for the Chevrolet Equinox and Subaru Outback is 2019. Thus, this is the year that will mostly form the benchmark for comparing both SUVs. Here is a big picture view of what you can expect from both.
List Price of 2019 Models (MSRP)
$23,800 - $27,100
$26,345 - $32,845
28 city/ 39 highway
25 city/ 32 highway
1,500 to 3,500 lbs.
29.9 cubic feet, 63.9 cubic feet with seat area
35.5 cubic feet, 73.3 cubic feet with seat area
14.9 – 15.6 gallons
(Video) Warning: DO NOT Lease a Car in 2021 or 2022 ⚠️ Here's why..
L, LS, LT
See AlsoLoss Payee and Lienholder addresses and contact information updated daily – free list | CSS Insurance Services, llcValOre's Second Core Rig Commences Drilling, with First Drill Intercepting Multiple Zones of Shallow Radioactivity at Dipole Uranium Target, Angilak PropertyBrands & Products We Supply - Contact Electrical Wholesale LtdPromotional, Still, Piggy Banks, Banks, Registers & Vending, Collectibles - Ontopwiki
2.5i, 2.5i Premium, 2.5i Limited, 3.6R Limited, 2.5i Touring, 3.6R Touring
Front-Wheel Drive (FWD), All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
6-Speed Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT)
6-Speed Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
137 - 252 horsepower
240 - 260 lb.-ft
174 - 260 lb.-ft
Just looking at the overview alone, it’s clear that the Chevy Equinox is more affordable and gives you the most bang for your buck. Not only is the sticker price lower, but you also save more dollars at the gas pump and can tow more weight for your next trip than you can with the Subaru Outback. It's a good choice for any escapade you have planned in Surprise or beyond. However, if a large tank, standard AWD, and cargo space is important to you and you don't have a problem spending an additional $2,500 or more for those features, then the Subaru Outback may suit you better.
For a well-informed car buyer, a short overview isn't enough for you to buy or not to buy a specific automobile. You need to know the details down to the dotting of the “i” and the crossing of the “t”, especially if you're interested in a 2019 Chevrolet Equinox for sale in Surprise Chevy dealer. So, here is a more in-depth look into the Chevrolet Equinox and the Subaru Outback specifications.
The major difference in the powertrain is that the Chevrolet Equinox has a DCT, while the Subaru Outback boasts a CVT. Generally speaking, U.S. drivers don't like manual transmissions, so if the dual-clutch transmission has you feeling a bit uncomfortable, rest assured, there's nothing worry about. It is similar to a manual transmission, but it makes shifting gears smoother and faster. Additionally, the DCT is fuel efficient, which can save you lots of money down the road.
The Subaru Outback comes standard with AWD, while the Chevrolet Equinox comes standard in FWD with the option of upgrading to an AWD model. After getting behind the wheel of an AWD, the main difference you may notice is how well the vehicle handles. However, AWD systems are heavier, which makes them less fuel efficient. Because of this, it's best to go with an AWD only when you need it. AWD models are most useful when you live near or drive over dirt or gravel roads throughout Surprise and surrounding areas.
If traveling along dirt or gravel roads is not an everyday occurrence, then you should consider getting the best of the fuel-efficient FWD options available to you. You can do just that when you find a 2019 Chevrolet Equinox for sale in Surprise Chevy dealer.
Both SUVs sport 4-cylinder gas engines. For the standard models, the Subaru Outback offers a more powerful engine than the Chevrolet Equinox, pushing 175 horsepower and 174 lb.-ft of torque. However, the available 2.0L turbo option pushes the Chevrolet Equinox to the forefront with 252 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft of torque. This makes the turbo-charged Equinox the top option for hauling your outdoor gear, braving rocky terrain and quickly merging into highway traffic as you go about your daily activities in and around Surprise.
Accidents occur, and fortunately, when it comes to safety, both the Subaru Outback and the Chevrolet Equinox are leaders of the pack. According to Car Gurus, each car scored 5-star National Highway Safety Transportation Administration (NHSTA) ratings in the following key categories:
- Front Crash Overall
- Front Crash Driver
- Front Crash Passenger
- Side Crash Overall
- Side Barrier Driver
- Side Barrier Passenger
- Side Pole Driver
This gives you more peace of mind when you're driving during hazardous weather conditions. Even though Surprise only averages nine inches of rain annually compared to 39 inches in the rest of the country, you must exercise caution when it's rainy. Slick streets and reduced visibility can increase the likelihood of a car accident. So, it's good to know that the Equinox and Outback take driver safety seriously.
To support these outstanding safety ratings, the Equinox and the Outback offer advanced tech safety options to protect drivers and their passengers, especially on the new and improved 2019 models. A few of the safety features are listed below.
(Video) 2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness vs. Ford Maverick FX4 Overland Adventure
Turn Signal Mirrors
Daytime Running Lights
Blind Spot Monitor
Pre-Collision Safety System
Post-Collision Safety System
Dusk Sensing Headlamps
Lane Departure Warning Accident Avoidance System
Rear View/ Backup Camera
(Video) How to Fix Smelly AC in Your Car Like the Pro in 3 Minutes
Buying a safe and dependable automobile is essential, but if you’re like most drivers, the available packages can have a major impact on your purchasing decision. Here are the packages the Chevrolet Equinox and the Subaru Outback offers.
Chevrolet Equinox Packages Surprise AZ
The following packages will add anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars to the cost of your Equinox but are well worth the price
- Hit the Road Package ($995): For the travelers and outdoor enthusiasts, this package includes roof rack cross rails and molded assist steps.
- Style and Go Package ($1,930): This adds 19-inch alloy wheels and matching all-season tires. You will also receive a black side step and a rear bumper protector.
- Sun & Navigation Package ($2,390): This adds an 8-inch multi-purpose touch display screen, a high-end navigation system, USB data ports, SD card reader, 110V power supply, HD rear vision camera, electric glass sunroof, the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus and more. It does require the Confidence & Convenience Package.
- Infotainment Package (Fleet) ($745): Like the Sun & Navigation Package, this adds an 8-inch multi-purpose touch display screen, a high-tech audio system, Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus, USB ports, and 110V power supply. It also requires the Confidence & Convenience Package.
- LT Lights and Bright Package ($3,240): Similar to the Sun & Navigation Package and the Infotainment Package, this includes an 8-inch multi-purpose touch display screen, USB ports, HD rear vision camera, Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus and a navigation system. However, unlike the other two similar packages, it includes an upgrade to 19-inch alloy wheels, black side-step, chrome trims, and LED headlights. However, like them, it also requires the Confidence & Convenience Package.
- Confidence & Convenience Package ($1, 945): For those who need or love safety features, this package is essential. It adds features like lane departure warning, side blind zone overtaking sensor, rear park assist, garage door opener, and coming home device. It also adds a few features for comfort or luxury, like a leather-trimmed steering wheel and heated front seats.
- Roadside Safety Package ($130): Another safety addition worth having, this adds high-quality first aid and highway safety kits.
- Interior Protection Package ($200): If you’re not planning on splurging on custom-made interiors, then this package throws in plastic or rubber floor mats and floor coverings.
- Cargo Package ($185): This package gives you a cargo area cover and a load restraint net.
- LT Exterior Appearance Package ($795): This upgrades your Equinox to 18-inch wheels and all-season tires. However, it may only be available for select exterior paint colors.
- Chrome Package ($795): For those who love the chrome look, this adds chrome trims on the bumpers and front grille, as well as chrome on the side mirrors.
- Blackout Package ($745): This package adds the Gloss Black emblem kit, black grilles, and toned door mirrors. It also includes the Black Bowtie emblems.
When you find a 2019 Chevrolet Equinox for sale in Surprise Chevy dealer, you get to enjoy the benefit of customizing your SUV just the way you like it. There's nothing quite like the thrill of having an automobile tailor-made based on your personal taste. This helps ensure that your model represents your unique style and personality. Buying a vehicle is a huge deal, so don't settle for driving around Surprise in an Equinox SUV that looks the same as the other models on the road.
Subaru Outback Packages Surprise AZ
The Subaru Outback has fewer packages for you to choose from. Here are the ones currently available for the 2019 models:
- Exterior Interior Auto Mirrors ($486): This package adds auto-dimming exterior mirror features with approach light and Compass.
- Exterior Interior HL Mirrors ($606): This package adds auto-dimming exterior mirror features with approach light, Compass and HomeLink.
- Popular Package #1 ($964): This includes an auto-dimming exterior mirror with approach light, Compass, HomeLink, LED upgrade to map and dome lights, rear bumper cover, and all-weather liners for the floor.
- Protection Package #1 ($861): For the outdoor enthusiasts, this adds splash guards, wheel arch moldings, rear seat back protector, and all-weather floor liners.
- Blind Spot Detection & Rear Cross Traffic Alert + Power Rear Gate + Moonroof + Navigation System + High Beam Assist + Turn Signal Side Mirrors ($2,945): Not the most creative of names, but it does sum up precisely what is included in the package. It also includes overtaking sensor, automatic door closing for the hatch, LED side indicator lights and voice-activated navigation system.
- Moonroof + Navigation System + High Beam Assist + Reverse Automatic Braking + LED Steering Responsive Headlights ($2,150): Like the feature before this, the name sums up what is included. Also thrown in are a voice-activated navigation system and collision-warning features.
Aside from the variety of packages mentioned above, there are other bonus features available on many Chevrolet Equinox and Subaru Outback models. Keep in mind that availability may vary based on the trim, year and dealership.
Free Satellite Radio
Auxiliary Audio Input and USB With External Media Control
Overhead Console with Storage
See AlsoMetal Candle Holders Market Trends In 2022 : Growth, Size, Segmentation, Future Demands, Latest Innovation, Sales Revenue by Regional Forecast 2028My Experience with Jaw Surgery (The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly)6 Types Of Vibrators Every Woman Should Own: 30 Best Vibrators of 2022 ListThe complicated process of recycling batteries in Washington
Front Seatback Storage
(Video) The Chevy Blazer Sands Chevrolet
Interior Air Filtration
One-Touch Power Windows
Universal Tablet Holder
Whether you’re concerned about the color of the car because of insurance premiums, or due to your own personal style, you’ll be happy to know you have many options to choose from. Once again, the availability of colors does differ based on the trim, year, and dealership.
Chevrolet Equinox Exterior Colors Surprise AZ
Here is a list of the available exterior colors to choose from when purchasing your 2019 Chevrolet Equinox for sale in Surprise Chevy dealer:
- Storm Blue Metallic
- Cajun Red Tintcoat
- Pacific Blue Metallic
- Kinetic Blue Metallic
- Pepperdust Metallic
- Orange Burst Metallic
- Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
- Nightfall Gray Metallic
- Mosaic Black Metallic
- Silver Ice Metallic
- Summit White
- Ivy Metallic
- Sandy Ridge Metallic
Subaru Outback Exterior Colors Surprise AZ
The Subaru Outback doesn't have as many color options, but it does have a lineup of nearly ten choices:
- Tungsten Metallic
- Crystal White Pearl
- Crystal Black Silica
- Crimson Red Pearl
- Ice Silver Metallic
- Wilderness Green Metallic
- Cinnamon Brown Pearl
- Abyss Blue Pearl
- Magnetite Gray Metallic
The 2019 Chevrolet Equinox and the 2019 Subaru Outback are solid choices in the automotive sector for Surprise drivers who value safety, appreciate customized luxury, and prefer a budget-friendly “little big car”. The Outback does lead the way in the areas of leg room, cargo capacity, and surround sound. However, when it comes to lower monthly car payments and cheaper gas station fill-ups, the Equinox comes out as the winner.
In addition to picking your drivetrain, choosing from a wide range of package customization options, and selecting the exterior colors, the Equinox gives you the luxury of creating a one-of-kind SUV that suits your budget, personality, and lifestyle. Additionally, you can save even more cash by buying a 2018 Chevrolet Equinox from your local Surprise Chevy dealer.
Take an Equinox for a spin around Surprise! Find a 2019 Chevrolet Equinox for sale in Surprise Chevy dealer and set up an appointment. Our friendly team looks forward to showing you all of what the Equinox can offer you.
Posted onPosted on December 20, 2018March 20, 2020 by Joe Pelosi
Joe has been closely associated with the automotive industry for the past 10 years. He worked closely with dealerships at his previous job with the Charlotte Observer, who had a partnership with Cars.com.At his current role, he is actively involved in promoting the Chevy brand in the Phoenix-Metro area along with Valley Chevy.
The Chevrolet Equinox is about the same width as the Subaru Outback. The Chevrolet Equinox is slightly shorter than the Subaru Outback, which may make it easier to park. The Chevrolet Equinox has a larger turning radius than the Subaru Outback, making it slightly more difficult to maneuver in and out of tight spots.
The 2021 Subaru Forester has a 2.5L BOXER® engine that generates 182 horsepower, more than the turbocharged 4-cylinder that the Equinox offers. While both are paired with an automatic transmission, only the Subaru has Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive as a standard feature.
The Blazer is Chevy's exciting and sporty-looking SUV offering. It's bigger than the Equinox, but you wouldn't know it right away just looking at it. The Blazer is 191.4 inches long and 76.7 inches wide, making it both longer and wider than the Equinox.
You may have noticed that the Acadia is more than 10 inches longer than the Equinox. While this can come in handy if you have a lot of cargo to carry, bigger isn't always better.
Is the Chevrolet Equinox Reliable? The 2022 Chevrolet Equinox has a predicted reliability score of 85 out of 100. A J.D. Power predicted reliability score of 91-100 is considered the Best, 81-90 is Great, 70-80 is Average, and 0-69 is Fair and considered below average.
The Chevy Equinox is a two-row SUV that fits up to five people.
2020 CHEVY EQUINOX PREMIER: $31,400 MSRP
As the top of the line 2020 Equinox trim level, the Equinox Premier features luxury upgrades like leather-appointed heated front seats with driver's seat memory and 18-inch bright-aluminum wheels. Chevy Equinox drivers will also enjoy: Hands-free power liftgate.
The standard Acadia engine is a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine that produces a healthy 193 horsepower, and you'll find front-wheel drive to be the standard offering. On the other hand, the Equinox offers a standard 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder engine that produces 170 horsepower as well as a 6-speed automatic transmission.
The 2020 Chevrolet Traverse and the 2020 GMC Acadia are both SUVs that take the journey seriously. Each model is equipped to go the distance and provide you with the space you need.
Is Chevy Equinox Same as GMC Terrain? Technically, the Terrain is the Equinox twin with the same interior and driving stuffing, but with a completely different appearance. Terrain received from Equinox not only the GM Theta platform but also a similar line of engines and automatic transmissions.
Suburban. The Chevy Suburban is the largest of the Chevy SUVs, coming in at over 144 cubic feet of max cargo space! It can comfortably seat eight, and is just under 19 feet long overall.
According to Car and Driver, the total length of the 2022 Equinox is 183.1 inches. Comparatively, the Trailblazer measures 173.5 inches. In short, the Trailblazer is roughly 10 inches smaller than its Chevrolet SUV sibling.
The Chevy Traverse specs reflect an 8-passenger midsize SUV, and at 204.3 inches in length, it is over 20 inches longer than the Equinox.
Exterior. On the outside, the GMC Terrain and the Chevrolet Equinox have almost identical dimensions. However, the Terrain is only 0.8 inches shorter and 0.2 inches narrower than its rival.